Monday 13 June 2011

Sayings from Guru Dev

I have stepped down from the Himalyas and therefore I perhaps deserve a Himalayan welcome. That welcome you can give me by giving your most valuable possession; What is your most valuable possession? Welcome me with that. My experience is that human beings value their vices above everything else. They are not prepared to part with them at any cost. Expense one does not consider. One is even prepared to suffer insult and injury for the satisfaction of one's most prized vice. So make offerings of those vices to me. That is my service. That is my worship. That offering I willingly accept.

In Kapur there is a custom to make offerings in bags. But I am not one to be satisfied with offerings of rupees and pasisas which are like dust and pebbles. Offer me bagfuls of your vices.

No comments:

Post a Comment